Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blogging in Education



While researching blogging as an educational tool, it really stuck out to me the numerous advantages to having it in the classroom!  I am new at blogging and honestly didn't fully grasp the wonderful influences it can have in our lives.  Below are just a few examples of how it can be used in today's classroom at any level.

*Keeps students connected and informed if student is away from school for a period of time.

*Great mentoring or tutoring tool.

*Paperless!! better organization of classroom material.

*Students are able to hold onto work.  I can't tell you how many times my son's homework or projects were either recycled, lost, or thrown away.

*Effective forum for collaboration and discussion for peer groups, questions for the teacher, or help at home with homework.

*Motivates students, especially those who are not regular participants, maybe those who are nervous or a bit shy about speaking in front of the class.


I will certainly be more active in how it can help me and my students in the classroom!

1 comment:

  1. So, the next question you'll need to address is "how do the above statements apply to me?" What can one do, day to day, to address the above statements? Is equity an issue? Most importantly, once you've thought through some of these questions, it will be interesting to see how you implement some of your ideas in your Practicum and Student Teaching.

    ReplyDelete